<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

No wonder there is an insurgency 

For those left wondering how the U.S. pissed off so many people in Iraq so fast maybe this sort of thing helps explain it:

WASHINGTON - Two Iraqi businessmen, who were imprisoned by U.S. forces in Iraq, claimed Monday that American soldiers threw them into a cage of lions in a Baghdad palace, as part of a terrifying interrogation in 2003.

“They took me behind the cage, they were screaming at me, scaring me and beating me a lot,” Thahe Mohammed Sabbar said in an interview. “One of the soldiers would open the door, and two soldiers would push me in. The lions came running toward me and they pulled me out and shut the door. I completely lost consciousness.”


You sure aren't going to wind many hearts and minds that way. And here I thought the U.S. had only regressed to the babarism of say the early 20th Century. Heck, they've made their way all the way back to Roman times!!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?