<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Monkey business getting out of control 

A week ago I complained about the Venezuelan opposition always charactering Chavez and his supporters as monkeys. Now it appears their Peruvian equivalents are getting in on the act. At first when I saw the cover of the main Peruvian news magazine, Caretas, I couldn't believe it was real. I thought it was some sort of joke. But its real. This really is the cover:



Wondering who the man at the bottom is? Its Ollanta Humala, a pro-Chavez type candidate favored to win Peru's upcoming presidential elections.

Oh and take a guess at what the reaction of the Venezuelan opposition types is over at N.D. I'm sure you can imagine. Keep it up guys. You are going to help Chavez get his 10 million votes yet!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?