<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 22, 2006

Don't hurt yourself laughing 

It was a slow news day and I didn't know what I was going to post on. Fortunately, Bush decided to open his mouth and help me out. Here are some utterances of his on Venezeula and Bolivia from this article:

"I am going to continue to remind our hemisphere that respect for property rights and human rights is essential for all countries in order for there to be prosperity and peace"


At least he knows what his priorities are - property rights come before human rights.



"I'm going to remind our allies and friends in the neighborhood that the United States of America stands for justice; that when we see poverty, we care about it, and we do something about it"


I think I pulled my groin muscle laughing too hard after reading that one. On the up side, if I have to go out on disability at least I'll have more time to blog!



"I'm going to remind our people that meddling in other elections to achieve a short-term objective is not in the interests of the neighborhood"


Indeed, meddling in elections is completely inappropriate, not to mention tactless. Have some patience, let the electoral process run its course, and if you don't like the result THEN overthrow them.



"We can spend money, and we do in the neighborhood, but the best way for there to be growth is to encourage commerce and trade and prosperity through the marketplace"


"I'm going to remind people that the United States stands against corruption at all levels of government, the United States expects the same from other countries in the neighborhood."


Indeed, government officials musn't steal. That would reduce the amount of monies avialable to be stolen by people in the private sector like Halliburton.

All jokes aside we could go through and parse these statements. But why bother, they speak for themselves. And hopefully you will find them to be as entertaining as I did!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?